Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turkey & Flowers

Hello Everyone,
  
  See, another post sooner than the last!! Yay, I'm gettting better. This post is from last fall. My friend Jolene and I went to visit her family who live just outside of Alexandria, VA. They were great about letting us crash in their play room and help them eat their turkey for Thanksgiving. The day after, they let us pick the activities for the day, kind of. They said we had to go to D.C. (twist our arms) so we went to the Botanical Gardens. Wow, it was amazing.


When you go to Botanical Gardens, you absolutely expect to see gorgeous flowers. They were breathtaking. I need a better camera, because when I tried for some close ups, they were blurry.


 I was surprised to learn that every year there is a display of important landmarks created from nature, twigs, sap, leaves, etc. They were beautiful to see. The pics don't do them justice. These are just a few.




I took lots and lots of pictures, it was hard to put up so few, I definitely would love to get back again next year.
  Also on the agenda was the D.C. temple which I haven't been to in years, since I went with my sisters.
Here is Jolene and myself.

Nope, we didn't plan to wear the same color, it just worked out that way. There was a wedding going on, and they were so cute. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment