Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cake Boss

There is this show on TLC that showcases a bakery in Hoboken, NJ. Carlo's Bakery. I have watched the show with a few of my sisters. The bakery is a family bakery, currently run by Buddy, the brother in the family. The others that work in the bakery are various family members, sisters, cousins, and so on.
   I have heard rumors about how crowded it would be, and how you would have to wait in line for hours, just to go into the bakery. Well, my nanny employer at the time was preparing to move back to CA and one thing she wanted to do before the move, was to go to Carol's Bakery. We arranged a day, and the kids and I were going to meet her there.
This is me and baby Cole, and as you can see, there was no line to wait in. It was a Friday evening in May, while school was still in session, before tourist season hit. If you look closely, you will notice that it is packed inside the bakery.
 
 It was a "treat" to see one of the brother-in-laws come down and talk to an employee for a few minutes. I forgot his name. Do you see the stairs in the back? They were filming then, so a lot of people were going up and down the stairs. The sound guys came and stood behind the counters for a bit as well. It was cool.
 They had cakes displayed everywhere on the walls and counter tops.
We bought the pink cake and it was tasty, as well as pretty. It was hard to look at everything they had, because it was so crowded. I ended up buying an apron that said Carlo's Bakery on it, and of course I had to buy cupcakes. 

There were two flower ones that were just plain yellow, the red velvet were the two in the middle and peanut butter cup on the right. I shared some with my friends, but I had to try each one, just to make sure they were yummy. I was surprised at how tasty they were. 





That is me tasting the red velvet, my favorite. It was yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment