Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cork & Blarney Castle, Ireland

Greetings from Ireland, I finally made it, a day late and via Zurich! It's hard to believe that Amy and I have already been here four days. Driving on the opposite side has been challenging, yet doable. Our first day here we relaxed and enjoyed being here. On Sunday morning we headed to Blarney, with a quick stop in Cork.


                          Above are a few pictures of Cork, the poles were kind of cool I thought.
We only spent a few hours in Cork, on the way to Blarney. I would love to go back to Cork and spend more time there. We are already talking about making another trip to Ireland in a few years.
   It took a few hours, but we made it to the village of Blarney, and after checking in to our B & B, we walked over to Blarney Castle.


Some passage ways were this small.



Amy standing by where you lean over and kiss the Blarney Stone. We did not kiss it, you have to lean over on your back, and hold onto bars, while your back, neck, and head are hanging on air. A lovely man helps hold you, but frankly I don't like strange men holding me while I kiss a stone.

Along the top, this is to show how high up we were.

Narrow steps, I was worried about slipping and falling to my death. Ok, maybe a little over the top, but I was worried about broken bones.



A ground view up to where you lean over and kiss the stone. Yep, and people wonder why I didn't get excited and do it.




Amy, checking out the room.
We are checking out the grounds and gardens at Blarney Castle.

It was rumored that this little pond, and the rocks around it are the homes of the fairy folk.


This was way fun to walk through. The walkway was actually very roomy, and beautiful.

Some of the gorgeous flowers in the gardens. I feel as if I took a million pictures of flowers so far.

I loved these plants, I thought they were so cool because they were sooo big. I imagined rain puddles inside of them.

Peek-a-boo! I see you!

There are eyes everywhere!


 I took about two hundred pictures of Blarney and the surrounding gardens, but didn't think I should bore everyone with posting all of them. I don't think they would be as exciting for you as they were for me, because I was actually there. The grounds were lovely and peaceful to walk around. It made me think of people who actually lived back then, and how they had everything they needed on the grounds, so that they did not need to leave often.

Now I'm off on another adventure...sleep!

2 comments:

  1. What are those blue circles around the fairy folk pond? I can't tell if they are real or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept trying to take close up shots of those blue circles and not one of the many came into focus for me. So that leads me to believe that they are real and the faeries don't want people taking pics of them. I have about 15-20 deleted shots of the blue circles. They are pretty though.

    ReplyDelete